Gabe Cooper is the Founder and CEO of the all-in-one nonprofit growth platform, Virtuous. Virtuous is a responsive fundraising platform designed to help nonprofit organizations build lasting relationships with all their donors.
After serving in a leadership role at a large nonprofit in the early 2000s, Gabe went on to help build a series of successful products in the nonprofit and profit-focused sectors, including multiple Apple award-winning mobile apps. Gabe’s drive stems from a passion for creating market-defining software, helping charities reimagine generosity, and increase their impact.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why building systems that create a deeper donor relationship is critical
- How to build a deeper donor relationship—even if you’re a small team
- Gabe explains how a nonprofit can use marketing automation to grow gifts
- Why automating donor communication isn’t creepy
- How to increase generosity
- Gabe talks about the “generosity crisis” for nonprofit organizations
- Responsive fundraising: what’s that all about?
- Why you need to adopt tools for responsive fundraising now
- Case study: how to use automation to strengthen donor relationship and increase gifts
In this episode…
Have you heard? There’s a donor retention crisis in nonprofit organizations. As many as 76% of donors who give a single gift to your organization will never give you a gift again. That’s a massive problem—and as nonprofit professionals, how should we respond? How do we treat every donor like a major donor? How do we build personal relationships with donors at scale?
Gabe Cooper says it starts by putting systems in place to help listen to donors better and respond to them quicker—all in a personalized way. Whether it’s done through marketing automation or suggesting the right gift at the right time, Gabe says nonprofits that implement these strategies see an average 12% increase in donor retention and a 10% increase in average gift size.
Learn more about using automation tools to increase donor retention, boost generosity, and build deeper relationships with donors on this episode of the Philanthropy212 Podcast with Penny Cowden and Virtuous Founder and CEO, Gabe Cooper. Together, they discuss how nonprofits can maximize their efforts through automation, responsive fundraising, and why it’s important to build your systems now. Keep listening for more!
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Penny Cowden on LinkedIn
- Gabe Cooper on Linkedin
- Responsive Fundraising: The Donor-Centric Framework Helping Today’s Leading Nonprofits Grow Giving by Gabe Cooper and McKenna Bailey
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.