Marilyn Parker, CFRE, is the Chief Operating Officer at Benefis Health System Foundation, while Jami Wald is the Senior Development Director.
Since 1998 the Benefis Health System Foundation has served as the only not-for-profit charitable organization working with donors to drive revolutionary support for Benefis Health System. It exists to ensure that generosity transforms the lives of their patients and families throughout north-central Montana. To that end, 100% of the foundation’s money goes directly toward the projects and programs that implement change to improve healthcare.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Marilyn Parker talks about the Benefis Health System Foundation’s employee giving campaign and why it’s been successful
- How their campaign makes their employees feel
- Jami Wald discusses the modern employee campaign and how it works
- How large is the fund raised through the campaign?
- Marilyn and Jami talk about how they get leadership involved
- Jami talks about how to keep the employee giving momentum going every year
- How to educate new employees about employee giving
In this episode…
It’s common to see many nonprofits go the United Way route with their employee giving campaign and later choose some other nonprofit to give to. However, Benefis Health System Foundation is taking employee giving to another level by creating the opportunity for employees to give to any not-for-profit in their state. What’s different about their employee giving campaign, and how do they keep it donor-centric?
Listen to this episode of The Philanthropy212 Podcast with Penny Cowden as she discusses employee giving with Marilyn Parker, CFRE, and Jami Wald, both from the Benefis Health System Foundation. They talk about how and why their employee giving campaign is successful, how the campaign works, getting leadership buy-in, keeping employees’ giving momentum going, and more.
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Benefis Health System Foundation
- Marilyn Parker on LinkedIn
- Jami Wald on LinkedIn
- Penny Cowden on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.