Karen Eber Davis is a nonprofit consultant, advisor, and President of Karen Eber Davis Consulting, through which she helps organizations and businesses discover propulsion tools to grow their profits and performance. As a leading authority on nonprofit revenue, Karen helps clients create dynamic partnerships and make an extraordinary impact.
Karen loves to work with leaders who lead from vision rather than fear. When people consult Karen, not only do they grow their revenue, but they gain strategies that improve their organizations forever.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What is the culture of philanthropy and how do you identify it in your organization?
- Karen talks about how a program director, a board member, CEO, and other leaders of a nonprofit contribute to the organization’s culture of philanthropy
- The role of building relationships
- How to distinguish between philanthropy and fundraising
- Creating a culture of philanthropy in a small nonprofit
- A new way to view the role of the nonprofit board member
- How to start building your culture of philanthropy right now
- Karen talks about the inspiration for her book, Let’s Raise Nonprofit Millions Together: How to Create Revenue Heroes at Your Organization, and what she hopes it’ll accomplish
In this episode…
A culture of philanthropy feels intangible—but desirable. Many nonprofits aren’t aware of how important it is to foster this culture in your organization or even how to create it. According to Karen Eber Davis, the culture of philanthropy is a collection of behaviors. To that aim, this demonstrates a collective mindset that everyone around the organization determines, to a large extent, the success of the organization.
So, how would you know if your organization has a culture of philanthropy? And how do you build one if there’s none?
Listen to this episode of the Philanthropy212 Podcast with Penny Cowden as she discusses the culture of philanthropy with Karen Eber Davis, a nonprofit consultant and President of Karen Eber Davis Consulting. They talk about what having a culture of philanthropy means, how to identify it, and build it in your nonprofit organization.
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Books by Karen Eber Davis:
- 7 Nonprofit Income Streams: Open the Floodgates to Sustainability! by Karen Eber Davis
- Let’s Raise Nonprofit Millions Together: How to Create Revenue Heroes at Your Organization by Karen Eber Davis
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.