Karen Wawrzaszek is the Principal at Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney. She is an executive that consults with families and institutions on investment and financial planning programs.
Over the past 20 years, she’s led a variety of impact investment initiatives and consulted with families of wealth that are on a journey to align their values with their investment and philanthropic initiatives. Karen also works with not-for-profit organizations to better understand the alignment of their missions and their investment capital.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Karen Wawrzaszek talks about how she helps donors and not-for-profit organizations understand their motivating value
- Karen’s technique for assisting donors in developing core values for intentional giving
- Understanding why donors give
- The struggle donors face when deciding where to give
- Karen discusses how not-for-profits demonstrate the impact of gifts
- What influences a donor’s choice when it comes to charitable investments?
- Donors don’t just want to write a check; they want to get involved
- What’s the proximity to philanthropic programs in the next generation of wealth owners?
In this episode…
Asking a donor for money is hyper-competitive, and even more so now that donors don’t just want to write a check. Now, they want to transform a problem and truly make an impact. But donors are having a hard time finding the right not-for-profit that will help them understand the motivating core values that, in turn, make giving more transformational.
If you’re looking to practice holistic philanthropy that actively involves donors beyond their checks and transcends to the next generation of wealth owners, Karen Wawrzaszek of Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney is here to talk about holistic philanthropy and impact investing.
In this episode of the Philanthropy212 Podcast, Penny Cowden and Karen Wawrzaszek of Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney talk about techniques for helping donors come up with core values that inspire intentional giving, understanding why donors give, how to demonstrate the impact of gifts, and more.
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Connect With Penny
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.