Shelley Davis is the President and Executive Director of the Forest Preserve Foundation. Shelley has over 25 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector and has moved from frontline crisis intervention counselor to policy advocate and foundation grantmaker. The Forest Preserve Foundation’s aim is to invest in Chicago’s climate and next generation.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What the Forest Preserve Foundation (FRF) is about and where they work
- Why a government agency is partnering with the Forest Preserve Foundation
- Shelley Davis talks about how the FRF raises money and the programs they support
- What the FRF has lined up for the next generation: the Conservation Corps Program
- Climate change and ecological restoration to address it
- How FRF is helping to keep excellent family time going in the preserves
In this episode…
Climate change is upon us, bringing less snow and more storms without enough trees to absorb the water. Undoubtedly, we need ecological restoration, but there’s little the older generation can do other than invest in the next to take up this mission. How do we get young people to be interested in ecological restoration and preserve our forests?
Listen to this episode of Penny Cowden’s Philanthropy212 Podcast featuring Shelley Davis, President and Executive Director of the Forest Preserve Foundation. They discuss what the Forest Preserve Foundation is about, the areas they cover, how they invest in young people to be a part of ecological restoration, fostering excellent family time, and more.
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.