Steve Higgins is the President and CEO of Carter, an international company providing counsel in the areas of philanthropy, governance, and organizational planning.
Before co-founding Carter with Bob Carter in 2011, Steve spent nearly six years with Ketchum as a Senior Vice President responsible for client development efforts. He has more than 20 years of experience in nonprofit consulting and strives to leave the world just a little better than he found it.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Steve Higgins talks about how to develop a mindset of success.
- How organizations with a mindset of success are doing things differently to thrive in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Steve talks about emerging trends in the philanthropic landscape now and post-COVID-19.
- The difference between charity and philanthropy.
- How not-for-profits are becoming agile to adapt to today’s realities.
- Budgeting for an uncertain future.
- Steve talks about why not-for-profits should not be in wait-and-see mode.
- How much of today’s use will go on after COVID-19?
- What board members should be doing for their organization right now.
- How healthcare philanthropy is shaping up.
- Steve’s advice for the not-for-profit sector.
In this episode…
Philanthropic organizations are presently facing uncertain times as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic. Some organizations have found a way to thrive despite the pandemic while others are in a wait-and-see mode and are asking: what now? Do we roll back our plans and wait to see what happens? Steve Higgins has an answer for you: not a chance. When the pandemic is over, and it will be, you may be too far behind to catch up with ongoing development in the philanthropic space.
So the question is, how do you get through this season and possibly thrive? Steve says not to slow down or back off. Organizations are still thriving by making things happen, including deciding to move forward with real compassion and empathy; and that’s just one of the many things they are doing differently. What else should your organization be doing to thrive through this global pandemic and beyond?
Get all the details in this episode of the Philanthropy212 podcast as Penny Cowden and Steve Higgins of Carter talk about how not-for-profit organizations are pivoting to thrive in this global pandemic, the emerging trends, and what to expect in the philanthropy sector post-COVID-19.
Subscribe and Listen on:
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Carter’s Website
- Steve Higgins on LinkedIn
- Bob Carter on LinkedIn
- Giving USA
- United Way
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Connect with Penny
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by Philanthropy212, a fundraising consulting company focused on helping not-for-profit organizations build sustainable practices and programs that raise more than just money.
Philanthropy212’s founder, Penny Cowden, has 25 years of experience in the industry and has helped raise more than $100 million for non-profits such as PeaceHealth, Sisters of Charity, Inova Health System, Banner Health System, and Sun Health.